What is CPE?
Why CPE is so important to ongoing massage training in Australia
To be an active member of AAMT, members are required to complete a level of continuing education every year for renewal as an Ordinary Member. This requirement commences after completion of the qualification (either Certificate IV or Diploma). This aspect of massage training is termed as Continuing Professional Education (CPE).
The purpose of this continuing education requirement is to encourage continued life long professional growth and learning for members that includes, but is not limited to further massage training.
By completing the ongoing education requirement each year, members also meet growing demands from the public, government, health fund and the insurance industry for improved practitioner competency and accountability.
What CPE options are available to you?
There are a number of activities massage therapists can do to fulfill Continuing Professional Education requirements including:
- Attend AAMT organized events
- Attend AAMT Approved Provider events
- Attend courses related to business, professional development and business technology
- Complete a self directed learning activity
- Attend educational exhibitions
- Publish an article about massage therapy
- Undertake extended massage training qualifications and courses of study
To find out if an activity you are interested in is suitable for CPE points, please download the latest PDF CPE Summary Chart & Diary